A Company with a Focus on Canadians: Safe Tracks GPS Canada Inc.

Safe Tracks GPS Canada Inc.

The technology, the data, the services are all Canadian; almost unheard of today when much of production is typically shipped overseas. What began as a company of one with entrepreneur Vince Morelli, President with a business background expanded to Bob Aloisio, Vice President with a technology and particularly a GPS technology background for the past thirteen years, to six employees, and now has expanded from Western Canada to Eastern Canada and the Atlantic with partner, Erik Kikuchi.

Their diverse backgrounds provide a good foundation for technology and services whose mission is to provide Pro-Active electronic solutions to help improve the safety and security of our communities. 60% of their clientele is in Alberta with the other 40% spread across Canada. Their clientele ranges from government to the average Canadian citizen.

Safe Tracks GPS Canada Inc began in 2009 with a focus on increasing public security with GPS technology. SafeTracks initially focused on GPS-equipped ankle bracelets and other tracking devices worn by offenders under court order. About 3 1/2 years ago, it expanded into personal tracking, including devices to protect those in high-risk professions or situations.

More recently, the company expanded their market by creating technology that is geared at individuals with Alzheimer’s and other types of Dementias, those with cognitive disorders, seniors, those who are vulnerable, those with intellectual challenges and benefits both the user and family and/or agency.

The GPS device locates someone who is lost, missing or needs help. Unlike typical monitoring devices which only work in the individual’s home or living quarters where the base is connected to a phone line, this technology goes with the individual wherever there is cell service.

Some are wearing a cell phone-like unit called a ST PRIME; others have a TRiLOC GPS Locator watch, and the rest have electronic GPS SmartSoles in their shoes. Their location can be tracked by smart phone or computer. If you as a family member or as a professional have ever had to go out and look for an individual with Dementia who has wandered off, you will certainly see the benefits to this technology. Something else that sets this company apart is the fact that the ST Prime and GPS SmartSoles are rechargeable by USB or inductive wireless chargers and do not require changing of traditional batteries.

If you would like to read more about Safe Tracks GPS Canada Inc. additional information can be found on their website: www.safetracksgps.ca along with media coverage through CBC News Edmonton and CTV.

There are no contracts for personal devices and the cost for the items is affordable with manageable monthly fees. Each month SafeTracks offers online demonstrations on its GPS technology.
Register here: https://goo.gl/46fDpS.

by Victoria Brewster, MSW


1 Comment

Comments are closed.